Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Blog Post #6: AntiWar Website Evaluation

When I was younger, I really believed that the United States of America was the freest and most accepting nation for people from many ethnicities, ideas, and viewpoints. I believed that America was the safest place to live, and I had the impression that my nation's leaders would do everything it took to keep me safe—both physically and as well as internationally. I knew I was fortunate to be born in the household and place I grew up in where I felt safe even with the door unlocked.



 
After visiting ANTIWAR.COM I came across what appeared to be a whole new realm of knowledge. This website is overflowing with references to articles and reports on critically significant recent news events and incidents that are taking place all around the world some even involving America. It was beyond scary to me to find a wealth of really essential information that I was unaware of. 

I also went to The American Conservative, a website that gathers news and information and is comparable to that one. I had never heard of these websites before I was given this assignment. In addition, I was essentially unaware of the majority of the information reported on these websites. 


It's probable that the major media channels broadcast more positive news about military operations out of bias. This might be as a result of the tight associations that some media organizations have with the executive branch or the military-industrial complex. Access to government sources may be prioritized by these media outlets, and they may be hesitant to report anything that can be viewed as critical or contentious.

There are many distinct viewpoints and interests at play when it comes to the complicated and diverse topic of war and military operations. This makes it crucial for the general public to have access to a variety of opinions. A platform for voices that challenge the established norm can be provided by alternative media outlets like Antiwar.com and The American Conservative, which can offer a more varied and nuanced viewpoint on the topic of war and military activities.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Post #11 EOTO: What I learned Today

In class today we did our second Each One Teach One presentation. The presentation group I believe I learned the most about today was the Aw...